Monday, December 3, 2007

Reflection on why I hate pointless discussions and blogging

During Tuesday's discussion many of us expressed our views on different areas of the
"Ethical Realism" theory. While I felt that this discussion was constructive and informative at first I felt that it ended in being a repetitive dialogue of the same points presented in slightly different ways. Furthermore the people presenting these points argue as if they are saying something that directly opposes the previous speaker when in actuality they are in almost complete agreement with one another ( despite some select nuances in arguments) . While I know that I am guilty of this as well I still find that its a waste of time and (at least in my opinion) does not teach anything. I constantly find myself not gaining any further knowledge on the readings and theories presented than I had upon initially received upon reading. Though I understand the method of teaching so that students teach themselves and I am learning - I feel that I am not learning anything on the intended topic. While I have learned a great deal more about human interaction, how we try to manipulate one another and twist facts to make them look better I still feel like I don't actually know anything useful about world politics. Of course politics does seem to be all about manipulation and how to be a jackass so maybe I have learned something. Though I find this class style unfair I deal with it because life is not fair - I was told by our lovely PA that I should just talk about how I feel and my take about the learning experience so here it is. That being said, I would just like to add that I think that blogging is completely and utterly useless

No comments: