Sunday, December 9, 2007

Final Reflections

Looking back this has been a great semester. Though I still have a long way to go on all counts I have learned so much - not only about World Politics, but also about human nature and interactions (and aren't those helpful for understanding the former?). Living with a group in this way has taught me a lot and certainly changed my way of thinking and doing things. It may of course be difficult to pinpoint how exactly, but I know that it is there. Whether spoken or unspoken we have all certainly learned a lot about compromise - sometimes it just happens but we (for the most part) have all learned to deal and go along with life as planned. In a way these lessons were brought to the table in the major simulation where we were asked to converse and compromise. While these efforts may have been far less successful I believe that we could have had some progress if we kept working - probably more than average because of the collaborative and interdependent community that we have developed as a class.
Speaking of this community I would just like to thank every body for being so great this semester, it's been such a wonderful experience! Though I know I will see most of you next semester some of you are moving and so i wanted to be sure to tell you that and that I will miss you!! - Good luck with everything !!!!!

No comments: