Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Final Reflections

I have to say that I have loved UC World Politics. I feel like I have learned a lot in this class and had a chance to partake in a good community learning experience. I’ve enjoyed the activities we have done, the books we have read, writing blogs, and having discussions inside and out of class on the various pressing issues in the world today. I loved being able to talk with PTJ outside of class about whatever caught our fancy in an informal matter, be it over pizza in the lounge or lunch in TDR. I also thought that the trips into D.C. to gain hands-on experience about what we were learning were a great element of the program, and should definitely be continued. If I could suggest one improvement, it would be more activities and simulations specifically involving governments trying to work with one another on various issues such as international security, environmental policy, human rights, and so on. I feel like I really learned a lot about poverty, international cooperation, national and international security, and global economic development; not only did I learn in class about these things, but I ended up having deep conversations about them with my peers.


This was a great class I, and I’m glad I took it. I hope everyone stays in touch and that everyone has an awesome spring semester!


-Gregory Proulx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.