Sunday, September 9, 2007

Week 2 Reflection

So I’ll be honest, I waited until last minute to write my blog. I was struggling over what to write about, how I wanted to work t, ad what part of the week I wanted to draw from. However, upon returning home tonight I decided that there really is only one thing that I want to say at present, and I am fairly certain that I can even relate it back to world politics.

I tried a few times to find eloquent wording, but I don’t know that I find it necessary in this case. Basically what I want to say is that we all live together, we are going to disagree, but we need to learn to deal with it as mature adults and try not to start bigger problems. In Thursday’s class it was mentioned that unlike the classroom model, sovereign states do not get to return home at the end of the day. Sovereign states live in the same world all of the time, this is also true for the Leonard 7 community. When we think about world politics and international relations it all seems very complicated, there are so many precautions that need to be taken to not disrupt the balance and to try to come to majority agreements. In a sense we must also treat our little community with the same care. If we are not careful about the manner in which we react to one another then chances are some form of argument will break out. Let’s think of an argument as a sort of mini war, even though it may be between two countries the repercussions are going to affect the entire globe in some way shape or form. The situation is no different here, even if it is on a much smaller scale. So if we are going to use UC as a little microcosm of the world let’s just try to increase the peace, refrain from using any nuclear weapons, and maybe even clean up the environment (or the hallway) if we’re feeling really ambitious.

No comments: